So I recently found out that today we celebrate World Pancake Day. Unfortunately, we don’t have iHOP here in Singapore so I shall dedicate this blogpost to the awesomeness of Pancakes.
DID YOU KNOWWWWW?
- Pancake Day is also known as Shrove Tuesday / Mardi Gras / Fat Tuesday
- Pancake Day is the last day before the period which Christians call Lent.
- Lent is a time of abstinence, of giving things up. So Shrove Tuesday is the last chance to indulge yourself, and to use up the foods that aren’t allowed in Lent.
- Pancakes are eaten on this day because they contain fat, butter and eggs which were forbidden during Lent.
- The name Shrove comes from the old word “shrive” which means to confess. On Shrove Tuesday, in the Middle Ages, people used to confess their sins so that they were forgiven before the season of Lent began.
(info from here!)
omg bacon pancakes?
visit Jim’s Pancakes! He makes anything out of pancakes!
Also right, this girl is very cute.
ALRIGHT that rounds up my awesome post of awesome pancakes.